POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mirror Ball with Photon Spotlights (30KB) : Re: Mirror Ball with Photon Spotlights (30KB) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:09:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mirror Ball with Photon Spotlights (30KB)
From: Slime
Date: 15 Nov 2002 23:08:15
Message: <3dd5c4af$1@news.povray.org>
I recently made a disco ball image. My solution was to put every facet of
the disco ball into an array, remembering its normal, and manually calculate
the direction light would bounce off each corner of it from a given light
source, and then find the intersections of those with the floor (in your
case, with each wall, ceiling, and floor separately), drawing a box between
the four corners of the reflection with some triangles.

I resorted to this solution because I was also putting *media* in the scene,
and this made it a lot faster and more accurate than media photons did. In
your case, you may just be able to increase the number of photons, since you
have no media.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]